HOME     ABOUT ME

Friday, January 31, 2014

Spring/Summer Haute Couture 2014 Pt. 1

I don't know why I aim to make life difficult by choosing favorites. Spring Haute Couture, in fashion category, is my favorite! Taken to another level in terms of theatrics and glamour, haute couture isn't in alignment with pieces you'll see on the street, aka, Isabel Marant or Alexander Wang RTW. This is intricate, hand sewn brilliance you'll wonder where has gone after the models walk their final step on the runway.

Although I "tried" to cut it down to three collections that stirred my spirits, as you can tell, that failed and I ended up with five. Nevertheless, I'm anxious to voice my opinion on what pieces made it to my category of wonderment/exploding fantasy/fabulosity (yes, that is a single category). Here they are...

Ulyana Sergeenko




















Based on the back story of a woman borrowing clothes from a man she met on her travels, and mixing them in with pieces from her own wardrobe, elements of masculinity are infused with clothing fit to dress a rich madame.

Valentino





























Opera was the theme that swept fifty-five looks from Valentino's collection. Tulle, lace, feathers, and a sheer bustier with leaf-like gem embellishments in earth tones left me satisfied. It almost rectified the hideous rock stud bags that bubbled up from primordial ooze in hell. (yes, I hate them)

Armani Prive





























Never thought I could be convinced to love navy as much as I do now. Oh, and that dress on the far left? My future wedding gown. It's done.

Alexis Mabille 































If Mariah Carey wasn't front row at this show, I don't know WTF she could have been doing that was more important. Butterflies were overwhelmingly plastered on walls and on model's faces for a very ladylike showing of Greco-Roman inspired pieces.

Christian Dior

All photos from www.style.com/

My apologies for the all white choices. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to like Raf Simon's designs for Dior. I'm a die hard Galliano fan girl all the way. The immense amount of detail, flowers, punched-out dots (sounds crass but I don't know how else to describe it), milky plastic layers (sorry again) has convinced me of his minimalist teachings. It's the embodiment of Spring. 




SPRING/SUMMER HAUTE COUTURE 2014 PT. 2
COMING SOON!








No comments:

Post a Comment