HOME     ABOUT ME

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Resort 2013 - Part 2

1. Givenchy
 

 

 

2. Gucci
 

 

 


3. Bibhu Mohapatra
 

 

 


                                                       All photos from Style.com

When composing part deux of my resort 2013 post, I noticed the collections I chose were extremely different from one another. For me, this is a good thing because I sometimes tend to like a specific look and then, gravitate to it immediately. Givenchy, Gucci, and Bibhu Mohapatra happened to design some of my favorite collections for resort 2013.

Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci was inspired by an old photo of Givenchy's muse Bettina, and channeled a feminine but powerful gypsy look for his resort collection. The mix of leather, lace and graphic prints are trends already popular at the moment, but the color story, styling, and new designs that Tisci created are key points to remember when evolving already popular trends.

Now, for Gucci, they completely hit the right spot for me because I'm a floral -----. I simply gravitate to all floral prints, embroidered flowers, and even botanical prints. Don't ask me why but I'm in love with all things with a stem and petals attached to it. Having been seven years since the debut of Frida Giannini's Flora print accessory range, this collection reinterprets the Flora print. What turned out was 43 stunning looks composed of 60s a-line shift dresses in sherbet-esque colors, beautiful floral dresses and 70s inspired suits with elongated jacket and skinny flared pants. I really can't get enough.

Despite my aversion to colorful clothing, I simply adore everything in Bibhu Mohapatra's collection. In fact, the silhouettes and patterns incorporated into the designs are just amazing. Being a person who has a repulsion for pink, it's quite a bold statement to say that I believe the shade of pink Mohapatra chose for his empire waist dress is simply perfection. Despite there being a good amount of black and white pieces to choose from, the saffron yellow, sunset pink, and geometric patterns inspired by Moorish architecture take the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment