HOME     ABOUT ME

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fashionably Late - Haute Couture 2013

I know, I realize that Fall ready-to-wear collections have been shown and can be viewed on sites like Style.com, nymag.com/thecut, among others, but damnit, I just saw the Spring couture collections and I'm sorry, but I need to write a post on my favorites. This simply cannot be ignored despite my tardiness on things, school work included (this is an ongoing problem - pending to be solved). To even begin to choose a favorite collection is simply impossible. But in my humble opinion, I think choosing a top three is completely reasonable. Regardless, haute couture is the most painstakingly beautiful and, I assume, painstakingly tedious art form to practice. Despite this, we have 12 talented designers that have created inspiring creations and continue to keep the practice alive.

Featured here are six of my favorite looks from my favorite collections this season (not in a particular order):

 1. Valentino



 2.Christian Dior

 

3. Alexis Mabille

 

PHOTOS FROM STYLE.COM 

Of course, my top three are choices from my personal opinion, and with many other minds in the world, I'm sure not everyone is inclined to feel the same as me. With that, I have links to all the other collections for haute couture offered this season for your viewing pleasure. You can expect that my next goal will be to get a Fall ready-to-wear post going sometime soon. Hopefully fashionably early.

Valentino
Christian Dior
Alexis Mabille
Armani Prive
Atelier Versace
Bouchra Jarrar
Chanel
Elie Saab
Giambattista Valli
Jean Paul Gaultier
Maison Martin Margiela
Ulyana Sergeenko

No comments:

Post a Comment